Using a Temporary Lane Shifting Sign to Change the Flow of Traffic
When you are working on a construction project, it is vital to use all of the tools at your disposal to ensure the safety of workers and drivers. One way to do this is by using a temporary lane shifting sign to change traffic flow. This sign can divert traffic away from work zones or direct them through specific lanes. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of using a lane shifting sign in a work zone and provide some tips for installing and using one safely.
What is a Lane Shifting Sign, and What are its Benefits?
A lane shifting sign is a type of traffic control device used to change traffic flow in a work zone. This sign can divert traffic away from work zones or direct them through specific lanes. Lane shifting signs are typically used in construction zones, but workers can also use them in other work zones, such as utility work zones or road repair work zones.
There are many benefits to using lane shifting signs in a work zone, including:
- They can help to improve traffic flow through a work zone.
- They can help to reduce the risk of accidents in a work zone.
- They can help to reduce traffic congestion in a work zone.
- They can help to improve the visibility of a work zone.
How to Install a Lane Shifting Sign
When installing a lane shifting sign, it is crucial to follow the manufacturer's instructions. It is also essential to ensure that the sign is installed so that it cannot be easily knocked over or damaged. You will also need to ensure that the sign is installed in a location where it will be visible to drivers.
There are several types of mounting and stands available for lane shifting signs.
- The most common type is the U-channel stand. You can use this stand on any surface, including asphalt, concrete, and gravel.
- Another type of stand that can be used is the breakaway stand. This type of stand is designed to break away if it is hit by a vehicle. This helps to reduce the risk of damage to the sign and the car.
- The last type of stand is the post mount. This type of stand is used when a sign needs to be mounted on a post or a wall.
Here are some tips for installing a lane shifting sign:
- Install the sign in a location where it will be visible to drivers.
- Ensure the sign is installed so it cannot be easily knocked over or damaged.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for installation.
Tips for Using a Lane Shifting Sign Safely in a Work Zone
If you've ever driven through a work zone, you understand that the traffic flow can be unpredictable. Lane shifting signs can help change traffic flow to keep everyone safe and moving.
There are some things that you should keep in mind when using a lane shifting sign in a work zone:
- Make sure that the sign is installed before work begins.
- Make sure that the sign is visible to drivers.
- Do not move the sign while traffic is present.
- Remove the sign when work is completed.
Don't hesitate to contact your local traffic control company, JCL Traffic, for more information about lane shifting signs and other traffic control devices.
Stay Safe with Proper Signage from JCL Traffic
Lane shifting signs are a great way to keep traffic flowing smoothly and safely through a work zone. At JCL Traffic, we can help you choose the correct lane shifting sign for your work zone, and we can provide tips for installing and using the sign safely. Contact us today to learn more about our traffic control services!